- YA novel: *has supernatural elements*
- critics: THE NEXT HARRY POTTER
- YA novel: *has love triangle*
- critics: THE NEXT TWILIGHT
- YA novel: *is a dystopian novel*
- critics: THE NEXT HUNGER GAMES
- critics: YA NOVELS CAN NEVER BE ORIGINAL
- critics: THEY'RE ALWAYS JUST LIKE PREVIOUS YA NOVELS
- critics: ALL OF THEM
1. I can’t get up at the crack of dawn to carpe fucking diem because I’m out five nights a week chasing laughter and the moonlight.
2. I don’t want to wake up feeling comfortable. Fuck comfort. I want to wake up and know I’ve woken up, I want to feel my life as it happens and if that means a throbbing headache, so be it; I’d rather dance in the dark than under a rainbow.
3. Eat whatever you want, idiots.
4. My breakfast happens at 1pm and I’d like to read whilst I eat it, thankyou very much.
5. I don’t need to stretch, nor do I need to reach for the sky; I am not a member of S Club 7 and my head is already in the clouds.
6. Drink all the water your body needs, put a chopped up lemon in your bottle but never neglect iced tea and vodka - whatever your poison, indulge yourself in it sometimes. Striving for perfection in any aspect of your life is just going to disappoint you; have a shot every now and then.
7. If you’re living life, you might not have time to write down your activities until four in the morning. Your life record may be scribbled onto receipts as you ride the train. That’s okay too; it doesn’t have to be beautiful to be valid.
8. Sleep on a pile of towels if you have to. Sleep in the grass. Sleep at a new friends’ place every night. As long as you’re sleeping next to something you love - whether it be a partner or the latest Palahniuk - scented fabric softener won’t mean shit.
9. Chaos can be better sometimes.
10. Run into the ocean instead.
11. You don’t owe strangers your smile. You don’t owe nature your observation. Maybe you don’t have a dog to walk.
12. Don’t make plans you can’t follow through with, it’s unfair.
14. Fuck it. Pick up a book because you liked the cover. Pick up a book because the person before you keft it behind. Scribble all over it if you want. Tear pages out and cut out words if you want. Pick up no books for a month, then ten in a day. Books will always be there.
15. Be yourself without imposing cliche’d values and movie-romance ideas onto your personality. Do what comes naturally. If you don’t want to pay your speeding fines, don’t fucking pay them, it’s your life. If you don’t like old people, don’t go and volunteer at their homes, you’ll only make everyone there miserable. Find your true bliss rather than assuming you’ll know what it is by sticking your tongue out at babies. You’ll get there, there’s no rush.
16. Don’t fucking daydream about it. Do it. Write your own ending.
*high fives your ass*
If by ‘fuck the police’ you mean fuck the corrupt, prejudiced, racist system then yes, fuck the police, but if you mean fuck the police for stopping you from smoking weed and getting away with illegal behaviour then no, fuck you.
But what if I mean “I wish to have intercourse with that man in uniform”
then fuck the police
a little girl who grows up thinking all doors are automatic but actually she’s haunted by a really polite ghost
Abigail (Abby) Hernandez, 15 years old. missing since October 9, 2013 from Conway, New Hampshire
Everyone needs to reblog this & let everyone know. This girl has been missing for over 2 months. At the beginning of November her mother got a letter from her & it is believed that she is still alive. She could still be NH or she could be in a different state.
my brother’s drunk and i’m just explaining welcome to night vale and he’s so scared and confused
Tumblring on my phone
- Mom: who are you texting?
- Me: nobody
- Mom: what are you doing then?
- Me: nothing
story time when i was 16 my mom and i were watching ellen and my mom says
‘oh look my favorite lesbian!’
and i said ‘i thought i was your favorite lesbian?’
and she just stared at me for a moment and said
‘oh ok. ‘
and we just continued watching
and thats how i came out to my mother
Fucking A Star.
what really scares me is that i’m average i’m not really good at anything or really beautiful i’m going to live an average life with an average job an average income and die an average death with an average funeral and nobody is going to remember me
Van Gogh thought that too
That is really, really inspiring, actually.
- baby: m-mm ma... m
- magneto: mommy?
- baby: mutant supremacy
- magneto: good
So many of you are too young to remember why Diana, Princess of Wales, was such a remarkable person. She pissed off most of Buckingham Palace, was her own woman, and wasn’t afraid to get down out of the motorcade and be with the regular people.
She was a regular person, just with a title and fancy clothes.
Among the first big “names” to visit, talk to, and even touch those dying of AIDS in English hospitals, Diana’s trademark was her ability to break down insurmountable barriers.
Marie Claire Celebrates May Cover Stars - April 8, 2014
I made a slideshow about how to create a fictional character… I got most of the information from the ‘start writing fiction’ (free) course on the OpenUniversity website and found it incredibly useful so here’s a visual version for you :)
'are you as bored as I am' can be read from back to front and still make sense